Saturday 31 May 2014

Success is within one's own control !


I was surprised when our management guru said that ninety per cent of the success is within one's own control. Environment can affect up to ten per cent only. Now I know how it is so. Reason is as follows: 

Success comes from the right knowledge, skill and attitude. A person can acquire the knowledge and skill if he has the attitude for success. True knowledge is from direct perception (Pratyaksha) by senses; unbiased inference (Anumana) and reliable text (Agama) or speech that has stood the test of time. Persons do not apply all the three tests but jump to conclusion whatever they know. They fail. 'I hear, I forget; I see, I believe; I do, I know' is apt. 

Yoga develops the attitude for success, that is, growth with happiness. It is through empathy (Yama), 'Rules of conduct' (Niyama) and control of mind through concentration and meditation (Samyama). It develops intuitive true knowledge (Samadhi), which is essential to achieve success.  

Some highly qualified professionals do not have the right attitude. They have growth but are not always happy. Unhappiness is due to self (Adhyatmik), others (Adhibhautik) and Nature (Adhidaivik). It can be minimised by 'Rules of conduct', empathy and control of mind. Thus Yoga develops the attitude to 'be happy' always. 

All the foregoing are within the control of self.
   

1 comment:

  1. Namaste,


    I read your blog it's really nice and i like it very much.Thanks for sharing this useful information.For Yoga Classes in India
    you can visit http://www.rishikeshyogis.com

    Thanks
    Reena

    ReplyDelete